02 Sep Chicken Sausage and Peppers Frittata
Call me the brekkie queen. If I could have these breakfast frittata’s for breakfast, lunch, and dinner – I totally would! This chicken sausage and peppers frittata is no exception! This is one of my favorites that I’ve made so far! I picked up a roll of chicken breakfast sausage over at Whole Foods this weekend, tons of pasture-raised eggs, and the much needed VEGGIES! As a family of four, we basically crushed this frittata in one morning, BUT these are fantastic recipes for meal prepping your breakfast throughout the busy week!
I highly recommend using a cast iron because it’s what you’ll cook the sausage + veggies in before you put the eggs in and bake it. Less dishes, less mess, more yumminess! They are super inexpensive, but can last forever.
Want some other breakfast ideas?
- Ham + Broccoli Quiche
- Bacon + Broccoli Frittata
- Ham + Collard Frittata
- Sheet Pan Breakfast Veggies
- Breakfast Wraps
Can’t you get what I’m trying to do? Load yourself up on veggies for breakfast. Not JUST protein or JUST a carb heavy breakfast either! 😉
Chicken Sausage + Peppers Frittata
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 14 Oz Chicken Sausage
- 4 MINI Sweet Peppers Chopped
- 2 Handfuls Leafy Greens I used a mix of spinach and chard!
- 9 Eggs Scrambled, Pasture-Raised
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt + Pepper
- Feta Cheese Optional*
- Heat a cast iron on medium heat with coconut oil.
- Once the coconut oil melts, add in the chicken sausage + spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning).
- When the chicken sausage is almost cooked thoroughly, add in the chopped sweet peppers and the handfuls of leafy greens. Sauté everything together. The leafy greens should be pretty wilted.
- Scramble up the eggs in a separate bowl. Turn off the heat on the cast iron pan. Pour the eggs on top of the sausage and veggie mixture in the cast iron. No need to mix everything together. The eggs will fall into the cracks throughout the sausage.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake the frittata for 20 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked through.
- Once it's done, top it with feta cheese if you desire and take it out from the cast iron. (It will continually cook if you leave it in the pan!)
We have given you some awesome nutrient dense brunch ideas. What is your favorite breakfast to prepare? If you make this sausage and peppers frittata please tag us on Instagram + Facebook @nuvitruwellness. We love to engage and hear from y’all!
Check out our other yummy recipes which include: Cilantro Maple Lime Dressing, Mint Chocolate Collagen Shake, Ham and Collard Frittata, Hashbrown Casserole, and Blackberry Sausage Hash.