15 Feb Blackberry Sausage Hash
A wholesome breakfast is my jam. I love breakfast potatoes. I love sausage. I love blackberries. I love eggs. Need I say more? I decided to whip up this blackberry sausage hash to bring together all my favs! If you want to spice it up, just add some sliced jalapenos or sprinkle cayenne pepper.
I used Whole Foods breakfast sausage that comes in a tube. I used regular baking white potatoes, but you can also use sweet potatoes (which I think would also be the jam!). We have several sweet potato recipes up on the blog that you can get creative with. You can add more spices if you want – truly a recipe you can do a lot with and work your favorites in there. You can also try the Sweet Potato Hash!
One of my absolute favorite aspects of this recipe though is that it’s balanced with carbs, proteins, and fats! Win! The pan that I used in this recipe is a copper pan that I loooove – find it over on Amazon!
Now, I want to go see you make this blackberry sausage hash! Tag us at @nuvitruwellness on Instagram + Facebook when you create this! We love when you engage with us and invite us into your healthier way of living!
Blackberry Sausage Hash
- 3 Baking Potatoes Chopped
- 1 Cup Blackberries Frozen or Fresh
- 8 Oz Breakfast Sausage Chicken or Pork
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Sage
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 6 Eggs Pasture Raised
- Salt + Pepper To Taste
- Coconut Oil For Pan
- Heat a skillet with a spoonful of coconut oil. Once the coconut oil is melted, put the chopped potatoes into the skillet. Brown them and cook them until soft.
- Once the potatoes are cooked and soft, place them in a big glass bowl and set aside.
- Add in ground breakfast sausage (chicken or pork - whichever you prefer) and brown completely. Mix in the ground sage, parsley, salt, and pepper AND blackberries. Mix well + heat all the way through.
- Once the sausage/blackberry mix is done, add the cooked sausage + blackberries into the bowl of the potatoes.
- (If you need to add more coconut oil to the skillet, you can!) Scramble up some eggs in a bowl and pour into the same skillet and scramble them until done.
- Once eggs are done, add them into the bowl with everything else. Mix well. Top it with some salt and enjoy!
Check out some of our other recipes which include: Chicken Cordon Bleu, Bacon Collard Greens, healthy poptarts, sausage & peppers, and Fluffy Red Velvet Cookies.