10 Dec Broccoli Ham Quiche
I love pie, so any foods that are made into a pie makes me happy. I love the crust on quiches, but all the nourishing ingredients on the inside as well. Truly the best of both worlds. This why I’m such a big fan of this Broccoli Ham Quiche.
Plus, a recipe that is named a quiche just sounds fancy (when it really isn’t!).
The crust is gluten free + grain free. This whole dish can be dairy free as well, just don’t top it with the grass-fed cheddar at the end. That’s totally optional. 😉
I love this warm quiche for breakfast + it’s the perfect breakfast to take and bake ahead of time, so a delicious nutritious breakfast is waiting for you each morning. If you are not a fan of crust or do not have enough time, make this a crustless delight,( also known as a fritatta). Same ingredients on the inside.
I made this actually for breakfast for dinner (which are some of my favorite nights) and we loved it! My other favorite brinners are like this broccoli bacon frittata or these blueberry cassava pancakes
Now, get. in. my. belly.
Broccoli Ham Quiche
- 1/2 Cup Palm Shortening
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Egg
- 5 Eggs
- 1.5 Cups Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Ham Uncured, Organic, Chopped
- 3 Cup Kale Chopped
- 3 Cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 Tbs Avocado Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- Grass-Fed Cheese *Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Starting with the crust, put all the crust ingredients into a food processor. It will make a dough.
- Spray a pie pan with coconut oil. Take the dough out of the food processor and press into the pie pan. Make sure you press it throughout the pan evenly.
- Bake the crust in the oven for about 20 minutes. If you have pie weights, you can place them in the middle. If you don't, don't worry about it. It will puff up in the middle, but fall back down when you take it out.
- While it bakes, heat a pan on medium heat with avocado oil.
- Sautee the kale and broccoli until soft. Season the veggies with salt + pepper, to taste. Take off heat when done.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and almond milk together.
- Once the crust is done, take the broccoli, kale, and chopped ham and place in pie pan. Next, add the egg/almond milk mix. Make sure the filling is evenly placed in the quiche.
- Add back into the oven for 45-60 minutes. You may have to add a sheet of foil on top towards the end if the crust is getting too brown.
- In the last five minutes of it baking, add some shredded grass-fed cheese or goat cheese to the top. Let it melt in the oven.