08 Mar Cobb Salad
Aside from my regular matcha lattes, my current obsession (it’s always been a favorite of mine though), for food is COBB SALAD! It’s a salad that has all my favorites in one bowl.
When all of the ingredients are together, it’s a party in your mouth. Seriously. And it’s not hard to put together, but you do have to cook a couple of ingredients separately.
You won’t regret it.
Some of my favorite salad dressings that are dairy free, gluten free, and delicious are by Tessemae’s. Currently, my FAVORITE is their avocado ranch. This is what I used to top my cobb salad with. Primal Kitchen also makes a bomb ranch with avocado oil as a base.
Another hack that I love in this recipe is using the Instant Pot (or any pressure cooker) you have and hard boil the eggs in that, since it’s fast and easy and doesn’t take up any stove space. I’ve written a blog about how you do that! Hint: I love a soft boiled egg so 2 minutes and they’re perfection!
- 1 Whole Butter Lettuce Chopped
- 1 Package Bacon Pasture-Raised, Uncured
- 6 Whole Eggs Hard Boiled
- 2 Avocado De-Seeded, Taken Out Of Skin, Chopped
- 3 Chicken Breast Cooked, Sliced
- Feta Cheese Crumbled
- HARD BOIL EGGS: If you have an Instant Pot, I tell you above how to hard boil eggs in it (SO EASY!). If you don't have one, feel free to do it the old fashioned way. Heat up some water until boiling. Once boiling, add in the eggs and turn it down just a little bit. Cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, take them out and run them under cold water or put them in a cold water bowl. Peel + use!
- BACON: Cook the bacon in a skillet on the stove, medium heat, until they are crispy! Pull them off the skillet when finished.
- CHICKEN: You can grill or bake fresh chicken breast, but in this recipe and to make it quicker. I just used organic frozen chicken strips that is already cooked, so all you need to do is heat it up. I cooked it in the leftover bacon fat for this recipe.
- Once your eggs, bacon, and chicken is finished cooking, crumble up some feta cheese. Chop the avocado and butter lettuce. Throw all the ingredients in a bowl and top with your favorite *healthy* salad dressing!
- And enjoy!
Tag us on Instagram + Facebook @nuvitruwellness if you love this delicious cobb salad! We love it when y’all share and engage with us!
Explore more of our delicious recipes which include: skillet chicken pesto, Chicken Sausage and Peppers Frittata, Cheesy Butternut Squash Pasta, Antioxidant Yogurt Bowl, and homemade Gluten Free Crepes.