29 Jan Lemon blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
If you want to impress people with your brunch skills, I suggest making these dairy + gluten-free blueberry lemon ricotta pancakes. I would say they are the beautiful offspring of a lemon pound cake and a blueberry pancake. These simple ingredient pancakes are truly a breakfast treat and you can forever kiss the boxed mix goodbye.
The best thing is that you can just dump all the ingredients in a blender and pour on the skillet for a quick breakfast or brunch. I don’t stress over mixing dry or wet ingredients a certain way. Why add the ricotta? Well, it adds a density to the pancakes making them more of a cake-like consistency.
Insert drool emoji.
If you don’t have the Kite Hill ricotta, you can just simply eliminate it for a lighter pancake. Need more protein? Add a few scoops of collagen peptides in the mix. The banana, blueberries and lemon add the perfect amount of sweetness without a need for added sugars. Feel free to double the recipe to freeze for an on the go breakfast or snack throughout the week. 12 pancakes were devoured by my two tiny people in two days! They are just that good.
As for oats, I prefer the One Degree sprouted organic rolled oats.
PS Costco just began to sell the large bag for $10 so RUN!
If you are a pancake lover like myself, check out our blog for some other fun gluten and dairy-free varieties:
Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes (DF/GF)
- 1.5 Cups Oats Organic, Gluten Free
- 3/4 Cup Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 1 Banana
- 3/4 Cup Ricotta Kite Hill Brand, Dairy Free
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice Fresh
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg White
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder I use Pamelas brand, Aluminum Free
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1.5 Cups Blueberries Organic, Fresh
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil For Frying
- 1 Can Coconut Cream *Organic, Optional
- Add all ingredients except blueberries, coconut cream, and coconut oil to a blender and puree.
- Heat griddle or pan over medium high heat and melt coconut oil.
- Pour pancakes, lower heat a notch, and add blueberries.
- Flip pancakes until light brown.
- Serve with some organic coconut cream (Optional).