13 Sep Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Ready for some banana chocolate chip pancakes? One of my favorite gluten-free, grain-free flours is COCONUT FLOUR! Now coconut flour is interesting because it can definitely make something dry if you don’t add enough liquid. So, I tread carefully when I use it. Luckily with years of practice of baking gluten-free goodies, I’m getting a handle for creating ‘baked goods’ recipes! If you know me, you know that’s a huge deal! Yay!
Plus, I love using coconut flour because it’s one of the most affordable gluten-free flours on the market! Seriously! At Trader Joe’s you can get a bag for coconut flour for only $2.99! I’m a sucker for deals.
These pancakes are delicious with no added refined sugars, but using natural sugars from the banana and the chocolate chips. Delicious. Real. Ingredients. I’m also a sucker for banana + chocolate chips. These pancakes are so good that if you have someone struggling to “eat healthy” because they don’t like the “healthy versions” of their favorite foods – well this recipe is awesome! It’s hard to tell the difference between this recipe & a regular pancake recipe (or boxed pancake mix) that doesn’t have the best ingredients! YES! Share with and tag us your banana chocolate chip pancakes @nuvitruwellness on Instagram or Facebook so we can see!
- 6 Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil (For Pan)
- Maple Syrup (For Topping)
- Grass-fed Butter (For Topping)
*Makes about nine pancakes*
- Mash up the banana in a bowl.
- Once banana is mashed up, add in the remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Heat up some coconut oil in a skillet.
- Add a little bit of batter in the skillet for each pancake. Then, top each pancake with some chocolate chips.
- Flip the pancake when bubbles are surfacing and the bottom is firm.
- Top with grass-fed butter & maple syrup! Enjoy!
If you are looking for another recipe, you can also try the Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Trouble.