20 Jul Sweet Potato Hash
Over the weekend, breakfasts are a little more elaborate. During the week, simple breakfasts are thrown together for the kids and I. BUT, when my husband is home, we like to get a little bit more creative and tastier. Enter in this sweet potato hash. This is one of my husband’s favorite dishes that I create for breakfast.
It’s so nutrient dense filled with sweet potatoes, greens, and more! Did your mouth water when you saw the picture?
Wait until you taste it! Real food ROCKS!
If you like this sweet potato hash, try our breakfast muffins! We actually made them on our local T.V. news station!
If you want to learn how to make this healthy eating a lifestyle and learn what works the best for YOUR individual body, head over to our Services page to see what we do + request your free appointment!
- 1 Package of Organic Uncured Bacon
- 3 Big Sweet Potatoes (Diced with a food processor)
- Couple of Big Handfuls of Mixed Leafy Greens (Spinach, Kale, and Chard)
- 8 Pasture-Raised Eggs
- Maple Syrup (Optional)
- Cook the bacon in a skillet on low/med heat and set bacon aside when done. Leave the bacon grease inside the skillet.
- In the skillet that the bacon cooked in, put in the finely diced sweet potatoes.
- Cook the sweet potatoes in skillet for five minutes. While the sweet potatoes cook, in a separate bowl, scramble the eggs.
- Add in 2-3 handfuls of leafy greens into the skillet with the sweet potatoes. Mix well. The greens should wilt nicely.
- Add in the scrambled eggs and cook thoroughly.
- When the sweet potatoes, greens, and eggs are fully cooked, crumble up the cooked bacon on top of it all. You can drizzle a little bit of maple syrup on the top if you want to.