05 Nov Healthy Instant Pot Beef Stew
A classic fall recipe – instant pot beef stew! This is a super simple and healthy dish to feed your family for dinner. I used the Instant Pot for this recipe because I needed to make this quick and didn’t prep it in the morning, BUT you are totally able to use a slow cooker. I find that cooking it in the slow cooker will forever make grass-fed beef more tender to eat. 🙂
If you are using the slow cooker, you can skip the first step or you can do that step inside of a skillet. Get ready for this super simple healthy instant pot beef stew! Have fun experimenting with different herbs and root vegetables. You could add rosemary, thyme, or kick up the heat with curry powder and turmeric. Sometimes I skip the potatoes in the instant pot and make truffled mashed potatoes. The most important thing to me is that you are buying high quality grass fed and finished organic meat. If it’s dirt cheap it’s probably not quality and lacks the nutrient profile. The world is your oyster so get creative with this stew!
Healthy Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 2 1/2 lbs Grass-Fed Beef Stew Meat
- 3 Cups Bone Broth
- 2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Red Onion Chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 6 Carrots Large, Chopped
- 10 Mini Potatoes Quartered
- Avocado Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- In the Instant Pot, turn on the sautee mode. Heat up some avocado oil and put in the grass-fed beef stew meat! Season with some salt + pepper! You just want to brown the outside of the meat. (Feel free to skip this step if you're using a slow cooker!)
- Turn off the IP and put the rest of the ingredients into the pot. Mix well!
- Put lid on and make sure it's set to sealed. Cook on high pressure for 18 minutes.
- Vent the lid and serve! 🙂
If you love instant pot beef stew, try…
- Pot Roast– Serve with mashed potatoes and broccoli
- Cuban Picadillo– a traditional Cuban and south American comfort food
- Osso Bucco– An Italian comfort and delicacy. Make it quickly in the instant Pot!
Let us know how you enjoyed our beef stew. Tag us @nuvitruwellness on Instagram + Facebook with all your yummy creations. We love our community and appreciate everyone learning to take control of their health!