31 Oct Chopped Kale Salad w/ Maple Dijon Dressing
This chopped kale salad is the best. Did you know that kale is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet?! I love raw Kale, but sometimes I find it hard to chew and digest in large amounts. Chopping it up in the food processor is my new go-to. Even the toddlers will eat this salad because of the way it’s prepared.
And make sure that you massage the kale! To truly get this kale great tasting, massage is the secret. Kale needs a little love too! It makes it softer and enjoyable to eat.
The cherries add the perfect amount of sweet + tart while the pumpkin seeds give that harvest flavor! This would make a great side dish when entertaining or even a great side dish for a weeknight meal. It’s super easy to make and whip up if you’re tired of your normal baked broccoli.
I plan on serving this on Thanksgiving to override the indulgences with some greens! Here are just a few of the nutrients and benefits of this green leafy veg…
- Vitamins A, C, + K
A 9 cup + food processor is one of my most used kitchen staples for things like dressings, kale, and cauliflower rice. Don’t go small or you’ll be making too many batches)
Chopped Kale Salad with Maple Dijon Dressing
- Food Processor
- 1 Bag Organic Kale
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cherries Organic, Free of Sulfates
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbl Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbl Maple Syrup Organic, Pure
- 2 Tbl Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- In a food processor, chop kale finely.
- Add in parmesan, pumpkin seeds, cherries, and lemon juice.
- Rinse food processor and add all ingredients for the dressing.
- Add to salad right before serving. Due to the kale being chopped, it will get soggy.