26 Nov Chimichurri Chicken Skillet
I’m so excited to introduce this chimichurri chicken skillet recipe to you! I’m such a chimichurri lover! It’s such a fantastic way of adding herbs and spices and FLAVOR to a dish! Which is what we did here in this recipe.
Chimichurri is exactly what I was looking for to make a meal “okay” to FANTASTIC! I’m officially addicted to this herby deliciousness. Sorry, not sorry. Do NOT wait to make this for your family. My kids (who are the pickiest children!) ate it up because of this sauce and they didn’t even care it was green! My kids can automatically be turned off by color, so this was a win for me! It’s also the absolute perfect topping for steak and seafood! You can even make a large batch and freeze it for future meals.
It’s super simple, but so tasty. It’s only THREE basic ingredients that you put into a skillet and all of the chimichurri ingredients you just throw into a food processor. This is a perfect beginner cook recipe. It doesn’t get ANY simpler!
I used this food processor for this recipe, which I LOVE because it comes with other options for cooking too!
Chimichurri Chicken Skillet
Chicken + Veggies
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast Organic, Diced
- 2 Sweet Potatoes Large, Peeled, Diced
- 1 Yellow Squash Large, Diced
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley Tightly Packed
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro Tightly Packed
- 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Green Onions Chopped
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Dried Oregano
- In a skillet over medium/high heat, heat up the avocado oil and diced chicken breast. When the chicken is 75% done, add in the sweet potatoes and salt + pepper (to taste). Use a pan that has a lid to help it cook faster. **If needed, add more avocado oil to pan.
- As the chicken and sweet potatoes cook, work on the chimichurri sauce. All you have to do is put every ingredient for the sauce into a food processor and process it until everything is incorporated together. **It will NOT be a smooth sauce. You'll still see chopped parsley and cilantro and garlic pieces. That's OK! Set aside.
- When sweet potatoes are easy to put a fork through and chicken is not pink in the center, add in the yellow squash and cook for an additional 5 minutes. (I like my yellow squash al dente versus super soft).
- Take the skillet off the heat. Put the contents into a bowl and drizzle the chimichurri sauce over it and ENJOY!