19 Oct Apple Cinnamon Gummies
Apple cinnamon gummies? YEP! ‘Tis the season for apples! Have you done some apple picking yet? I’ve been seeing it all over Instagram and I’m so jealous! I NEED to find an apple tree to pick! 🙂 Nothing more fall than apple picking.
With the additional apples you’ll have in the house from picking or buying in the store, these gummies are so fun to create with the kids. My 3 year old LOVED them and my 7 year old said they were okay. There is a little bit of a difference with the texture from the traditional gummy because we’re using real apples.
Not apple juice. We made these into the shapes of pumpkins for more of a fall feel, but we also made gummy bears with the mix too. My 7 year old said he liked the gummy bears better – most likely because it’s not a HUGE gelatin gummy.
Either way, we wanted to find new ways to use apples since they are becoming the affordable fruit of the year!
Have you ever made gummies? Tag us @nuvitruwellness on Instagram + Facebook with your kids’ reaction to these apple cinnamon gummies!
P.S. If you missed it, we have a caramel sauce for apples you can make this season too! And apple pie smoothie too…….can’t you tell we love apples?
Apple Cinnamon Gummies
- 1.5 Large Apples Chopped, Skinned
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 3 Tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Tbs Gelatin We used Great Lakes*
- Once you chop and skin the apples, put them in a small pot with 1/4 cup of water.
- Over medium heat, cook them until they are super soft. (About 10-15 minutes)
- Add in the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Transfer apples to a blender and blend on high until it's completely smooth. (Feel free to add more water if needed if it's too thick. You don't want it to be too thick or too watery. So add water slowly)
- Pour the apple mixture into a bowl.
- Slowly pour the gelatin into the bowl. As you slowly pour the gelatin, continuously whisk it.
- Once the gelatin is dissolved, pour into molds.
- Put in fridge for a couple of hours. Enjoy!