22 Aug Zucchini Pesto Noodles
I’m a zucchini pesto-lover. Completely. I love it SO much. I haven’t been able to get my hands on good ready-made pesto in a long time. It’s either too expensive or it uses inflammatory oils or additives. I finally found a good one at Fresh Market called Deallo Simply Pesto.
I love zucchini noodles & spicing them up. These came out so good and even my younger ones liked them! So much flavor! I made this dish with some baked pesto chicken. I marinated the chicken in the pesto for 30 minutes before I baked it in the oven at 350 degrees F. Share with and tag us @nuvitruwellness on Instagram or Facebook when you make this so we can see your yummy creation!
- 4 Organic Zucchini
- Handful of Organic Grape Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Tbs Pesto
- 1 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cut the ends of the zucchini off and slice the zucchini halfway through lengthwise (NOT all the way through! This helps cut the zucchini into shorter strands.) Then, use a spiralizer to make noodles out of the zucchini. I used the ribbon cut.
- After you spiralize the zucchini, cut the grape tomatoes in half.
- Heat up your skillet with your choice oil. (I recommend coconut or avocado oil.)
- When the skillet is heated, throw in the zucchini, grape tomatoes, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pesto, and tomato paste.
- Mix everything until evenly coated.
- You will only cook this skillet until the zucchini is al dente. If you cook too long, the zucchini will become watery & mushy. Estimated cooking time for how I like zucchini noodles cooked is about 5-7 minutes.
- When skillet is done, top with parmesan cheese.