17 Sep Tzatziki Dip
Tzatziki is a Middle Eastern and Mediterranean salted strained yogurt dip made with cucumber, olive oil, garlic, lemon, and herbs. Authentic tzatziki is made with sheep or goat yogurt which is better for digestion in my opinion. If you are sensitive to cow dairy proteins, goat milk is a wonderful option. Many find that they can successfully enjoy goat milk. Unfortunately, many store bought tzatziki dips consist of canola oil, citric acid, dextrose, and sodium citrate. I prefer to make my own because it’s fresh, unprocessed, and anti- inflammatory on the gut. When my husband Tyler and I traveled to Greece, I was nose deep in this stuff with all the fresh vegetables and homemade gyro meat. Many in different cultures use this sauce to balance out a the spices and heat of the main course. .Serve this chilled, surrounded by a plate full of fresh vegetables such as cucumber, bell peppers, and tomato.
This recipe is out of this world with our lamb kofta meatballs and hummus. All appealing dishes when you’re wanting to impress your significant other or company. It’s unique, healthy, and even kids love it! I save the extra to pack in my kids’ lunchboxes with some vegetables and gluten free pita bread.
Like many of our recipes, I highly recommend a food processor. If you don’t own one then you will just have to practice those mad chopping and mincing skills. Tag us or give a shoutout on our Facebook or Instagram page if you are a fan. Show us how you like to dip!
- Food Processor
- 1/2 Cucumber Peeled
- 1.5 Cups Goat Milk Yogurt Or Organic Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 2 Clove s Garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Dill Fresh, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut cucumber down the middle and scrape out the seeds with a spoon (or grapefruit spoon)
- Using a food processor, pulse cucumber, dill, garlic, and salt.
- Gently stir in lemon juice, olive oil, and yogurt of choice. I prefer the cucumber to be a chunky consistency. If you prefer smooth, then you can continue to pulse all ingredients in the food processor.
- Serve with fresh veggies to dip.