18 Jun Natural Cleaner For Hard Water Spots On Glass
Bathrooms aren’t my favorite room to clean aside from the hard water spots on the shower door. (Who likes to clean bathrooms though?) But, it’s even worse when something gets built up with dirt…..or hard water spots. I hate it. It totally makes your glass look foggy, dirty, and just gross.
So, I decided to do a little experiment with natural cleaners that I know about. I mean, I could go into the store and look for any type of cleaner to clean it with, but I wanted to find something natural that works to take those hard water spots off your shower glass.
Further down, I shared a ‘before’ + ‘after’ picture for reference.
- Mix 1/3 Cup of Baking Soda + 2 Tbs of Purified Water.
- Mix it all together.
- Drop in 5 drops of lemon essential oil. Mix well.
- Take this paste (I used my hand) and rub it onto the glass where the hard water spots are.
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Take some diluted vinegar (I fill a glass spray bottle half with vinegar + half with water) and a microfiber cloth and spray + wipe the paste off.
- Clean the door as best as you can with the diluted vinegar.
- To finish off, use your favorite natural window cleaner.
I hope yours came out as good as mine did. Now, mine was pretty built up. And it didn’t come out perfect. If I still looked at the glass closely in person, you can see some hard water spots, but the majority of it cleaned right up.
I’m not going for perfection, but just enough to clean!
Be sure to check us out on Facebook