22 Oct Grain Free Lasagna
Italian dishes are some of my favorite dishes, but unfortunately can be loaded with a bunch of unhealthy ingredients. Feel free to search my blog on why you should be wheat free. Of course, there are ways to make unhealthy dishes into healthy dishes with a couple of substitutions. Luckily, with help of Cappello’s lasagna sheets, I could successfully create a grain free lasagna without a problem!
I found these in the Whole Foods frozen section and I had to take a second glance. I’ve been waiting for a company to come out with gluten-free lasagna sheets, especially with almond flour. And it’s finally here!
This lasagna doesn’t take much cooking skill or too much time and leftovers are ALWAYS welcome. One ingredient that I tried my hardest to find is a non-dairy ricotta, but I have yet to find one. Trust me, I’m still searching. I would like to create this for non-dairy people as well.
If you need help with making other casserole dishes healthy, like Mac + cheese, I made sure to cover basic healthy substitutions over in this article.
Grain Free Lasagna
- 2 Tbs Avocado Oil
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 2 Lbs Grass-Fed Beef
- 1.5 Cups Kale Frozen, Chopped
- 14.5 Oz Tomato Sauce Organic
- 2 Tbs Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt + Pepper To Taste
- 15 Oz Ricotta Organic Valley
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Goat Cheese Shredded*
- 1 Box Almond Flour Lasagna Sheets Cappellos*, Thawed
- In medium skillet on medium heat, heat up some avocado oil.
- Add in the chopped onion, grass-fed beef, and kale and sauté until the beef is done.
- Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and tomato sauce in the skillet until heated throughout.
- While the tomato sauce is heating up in the skillet with the beef, mix the egg and ricotta cheese together in a bowl.
- With a 9 x 13 pan, line the bottom of the pan with the lasagna sheets.
- Pour some beef mixture on top of lasagna sheets, next layer it with some ricotta, next layer it with some shredded goat cheese.
- Make another layer with lasagna sheets and follow up with beef mixture, ricotta, and goat cheese.
- Top the whole lasagna with lasagna sheets and some goat cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Tag us @nuvitruwellness on Instagram + Facebook if you make our delightful grain free lasagna! No need to deprive yourself of your favorite childhood comfort foods anymore when there are always healthy alternatives.