31 Mar Turkey Reuben Collard Wrap (with Russian dressing)
This turkey reuben collard wrap + Russian dressing is so bomb, it’ll satisfy any craving you previously had. Everything is of course dairy free + gluten free. The Russian dressing was so tasty that I could honestly say I didn’t miss the fact it didn’t include melted cheese.
As St. Patricks Day came and went, I was craving a traditional rueben, yet they don’t fit the profile of my nutritional preferences. I’m not a fan of corned beef due to the nitrates, so I went with Applegate pepper Turkey. Whole Foods carries this organic option in their deli, while you can find their pre sliced options in any refrigerated section else where. While bread and tortilla products are hard to come by due to COVID, there seems to be an abundant supply of collard greens.
Mostly, because people don’t know how to cook or utilize them. When using the blanch method, collard greens are a fantastic substitute for tortillas and much more cost effective (especially because the paleo tortillas are $$$). This sandwich alternative is organic, paleo, keto, and whole 30. Boom!
Collard provide an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and especially K! They have benefits in detoxification, cancer prevention, anti inflammatory properties, and cardiovascular support! They also make a bad a$$ burrito that won’t fall apart when done right.
Save the extra Russian dressing to top salads, chicken, and tuna. The options are endless.
Turkey Reuben Collard Wrap
- 2 leaf Collard Greens
- 4 Slices Organic Sliced Turkey Applegate Organics
- 2 Tbsp Sauerkraut Bubbies
- 1/4 Cup Avocado Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup Primal Kitchen
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Oz Dill Pickles or Relish Minced
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Onion Chopped
- For your collards, cut off the large ends of the stems and shave the tops of the stem that grows down the middle of the green.
- Place collard greens in a pan with boiling water for 30 seconds followed by and ice bath.
- Dry with paper towel
- Overlap the 2 collard greens 1 inch so the midline stems are parallel. Fill your greens with turkey sauerkraut and Russian dressing between the two midline stems.
- Fold in the sides with the stems and roll into a tight burrito. Cut in half
Russian Dressing (dairy and gluten free)
- Mix together mayo, ketchup, pickles, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. I prefer to use an immersion blender so it's smooth(optional)