11 Jul Summer Charcuterie Using Baba Ganoush
Summertime presents the opportunity for entertainment with family and friends, so charcuterie boards are the way to my heart! Not only do they look pretty, but they make the perfect appetizer! I mean, who doesn’t love to graze?! Here is a healthful way to do it using Baba Ganoush ( I call it the forgotten sister to hummus). It’s simply eggplant, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and spices.
Eggplant is loaded with fiber, potassium, vitamin C and B6 as well as a plant pigment called anthocyanin which has been found to help with dropping blood pressure significantly! If you don’t have time to whip it up we LOVE Mom’s Babaganus.
Serve with some fresh raw veggies, grass fed cheddar, organic naan (for guests), almond flour crackers, and some olives! The choices are endless! BOOM!
In addition to this charcuterie board, if you want to serve some quick sweets, our chickpea cookie dough is amazing! Gluten free and dairy free. Easy to spoon out onto a plate with the rest of the snacks!
- 2 Eggplant Small to medium, cut in half
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbl Tahini
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 2 Tbl Flat Leaf Parsley
- 3/4 Tsp Himalayan Salt
- Pinch Smoked Paprika (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise and brush the sides with Olive Oil
- Place halved sides down on parchment paper
- Roast for about 35-40 minutes until the eggplant is tender
- In a food processor, scoop out cooled eggplant and add your EVOO, lemon juice, + your seasonings! Blend and enjoy!