14 Apr Salmon Cakes with Garlic Avocado Aioli Sauce
My official taste testers APPROVE of our salmon cakes! I always ask my husband and kids what they think of the meals that I make (especially if it’s something new!). Sometimes I like their answers, sometimes I don’t. 😉 Tonight, my husband was really impressed!
Which is always a good feeling and I couldn’t wait to whip up the recipe and share it with you guys! With salmon, I’ve found myself always just baking and flavoring salmon filets and I wanted to spice things up this time.
I’ve heard of people making salmon cakes or crab cakes, so why not make my own?! Most recipes call for wheat, processed ingredients like bread crumbs, so of course, I made a gluten-free version! (What’s new? 😉 )
The sauce that it is served with totally makes it more delicious and helps make the food ‘wet’ for the people that HATE dry entrées. I totally don’t mind eating foods dry – am I weird?
When you make these salmon cakes with our garlic avocado aioli sauce, can you share it with us over on Instagram or Facebook @nuvitruwellness? We’d love to see!
Let’s go to this deliciousness –
- 1 – 1.5 lb of Wild Caught Salmon
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup Parsley (Or Cilantro)
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Kale (Or Spinach)
- 4 Eggs (Pasture-Raised Preferred)
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Dill
- Salt & Pepper
- Coconut Oil
Garlic Avocado Aioli Sauce
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 Cup Mayo (Primal Kitchen Preferred)
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line salmon on parchment paper on a pan (skin side down). Drizzle with olive oil and some garlic powder.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- While the salmon bakes, mince down the kale, parsley, and garlic. Using a food processor will help tremendously.
- Add the kale, parsley, garlic, almond flour, eggs, onion powder, dill, salt and pepper into a bowl. Mix well.
- Once salmon is done, take the skin off the salmon and put the cooked salmon in a food processor and it’ll mince down super fine.
- Put the salmon into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Take a handful of the mixture and make into a patty.
- Heat up a pan with coconut oil and fry them on both sides. You will have to add additional coconut oil in the pan as you cook them.
- Put all ingredients into bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, mix until well combined!