21 Sep Slow Cooked Garlic Whole Chicken
Only a handful of ingredients, but a massive amount of flavor in this delicious WHOLE chicken! A couple things I want to point out to you first : 1) Buying a whole chicken is one of the cheapest ways to buy chicken. When you try to get chicken into cuts, like breasts, it can definitely creep up on the price. BUT, a whole chicken is much cheaper per pound and you don’t have to sacrifice on quality. 2) You get those delicious bones that make the delicious broth that our body needs. So, instead of worrying about buying separate bones to have some homemade bone broth around the house, just use the chicken bones instead of throwing them out! Okay, easy peasy…..just like this recipe.
Seriously, all you have do is put all these ingredients in a crockpot. Put it on low. Let it cook all day. You can do your thing. Run some errands. Grab some coffee with a friend. Come home to a good smellin’ house and DINNER IS READY! Gorgeous day, right? Let me indulge you with how easy this is! Share with and tag us @nuvitruwellness on Instagram or Facebook!
- 1 Organic Whole Chicken
- 10 Cloves of Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Avocado Oil
*P.S. Don’t freak out that I’m not giving exact measurements. Stay with me!*
- Take out giblets out of whole chicken cavity. Put the chicken in the crockpot afterwards.
- Drizzle some avocado oil over the chicken.
- Chop up 7 cloves of garlic and throw on top and around the chicken. The other 3 cloves of garlic stick inside the chicken cavity. These do NOT need to be chopped up.
- Cover the chicken generously with Italian Seasoning. (I would estimate that I used about two-three tablespoons on my chicken!)
- Season the chicken with some sea salt and black pepper.
- Turn crockpot on low and cook for eight hours!