21 May Instant Pot Chili
I couldn’t wait to whip up this instant pot chili! The best part is that the beef was barely thawed. This is why pressure cookers, like Instant Pot, are great because meat doesn’t have to be completely thawed for a delicious recipe to come together. Let’s be honest, who here totally forgets to defrost something?! I’m raising my hand loud and proud.
If you do remember to thaw your meat, you can make this recipe in the slower cooker really easily too!
We made sure to top our chili bowls high in cilantro and served it with Siete lime grain-free tortilla chips, which are mighty delicious might I add!
If you’re okay with grass-fed dairy, a little cheese topping is AH-MAZING!
If you like this instant pot chili, try our instant pot chicken ramen!
- 1 1/2 lbs of Ground Beef (Grass-Fed)
- 15 Oz Pinto Beans (Preferably soaked for 24 hours)
- 2 Sweet Peppers (Chopped)
- 1/2 Onion (Chopped)
- 7 Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- 3 Cups Bone Broth
- 15 Oz Tomato Sauce
- Bacon Fat
- 2 Tbs Raw Honey
- 3 Tsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper
- Grass-Fed Cheese (Optional!)
1) In a skillet, heat up a spoonful of bacon fat.
2) Sautee the peppers, garlic, and onion into the skillet. Cook until they are soft.
3) Put ALL the ingredients into a pressure cooker. Mix well!
4) On high pressure, cook everything for 25 minutes. Do a quick pressure release when done.
5) Top with some chopped cilantro + grass-fed cheese!