11 Jul Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Basil Curry
My husband actually complimented me on this meal! He likes everything I make, but for him to compliment me on a dish is a big deal! Not only was getting a compliment super exciting, BUT he doesn’t like curry. He always groans when I occasionally make curry, but not this time! This Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Basil Curry was super delightful!
I tried to keep this a pretty mild and not too spicy, which curry can be if you over do it. I love the curry flavor so much, but the spice can really get to me. As I call it, I have a baby tongue!
I served this over rice + sauteed bok choy. If you follow me via IG stories, I showed you a little bit about how I made the bok choy and it’s super simple! Another favorite vegetable that would probably go good with this is broccoli, especially roasted broccoli.
My FAVORITE finishing oil that adds so much flavor is the Chosen Foods Toasted Sesame Oil – it gives so much flare to average vegetables.
And if you haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot train – where are you at?!
Try our Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Basil Curry NOW! 🙂 Tag us on Instagram @nuvitruwellness when you make this so we can see your yummy creation!
Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Basil Curry
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Cup Bone Broth
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 4 Basil Leaves Chopped
- Salt + Pepper
- In the Instant Pot, put on sauteé mode and add the butter, onions, and garlic. Sauteé it for a couple of minutes to strengthen the flavor.
- After a couple of minutes, add the rest of the ingredients into the Instant Pot. Mix well.
- Turn on Instant Pot and and manual high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When it's finished, vent the IP and take the chicken out.
- Turn the Instant Pot back on sauteé mode and reduce the broth/milk down until it's thick. To help this process, you can add a tapioca flour slurry a couple of times until it's thick to your preference. (To make a slurry, add 1 tbsp tapioca flour with a small amount of water and mix into the liquid you are trying to thicken.)
- After the sauce has thickened, add the chicken back in. Serve over rice and veggies!