13 Jan Episode 203 – IBS + Gut Health Part 1
**We’ve rebranded to Nuvitru Wellness** IBS can really leave you feeling defeated and at a loss of what to eat. You’re tired of the excess gas, bloating, and constant discomfort! I’m sure you’re ready to stop shitting your brains out and having a raw butt. We understand!
In this episode part one, we’re going to be talking a little bit about the root cause of IBS, functional medicine process of it, and lab testing. Next episode, we’ll talk more about nutrition and supplements.
In another post I talk about the worst foods for gut health.
- Processed Sugar & Artificial Sugars
- Diets high in processed white sugar causes an overgrowth of bad bacteria in the gut. Artificial sugars have been shown to have a “sterilizing” effect on our gut microbes.
- Processed White Flour
- White flour in foods such as white bread, white pasta, white tortillas, etc. essentially turn straight to sugar in our body. In turn, the unwanted bacteria in our gut feed off the sugars.
- Fried Foods
- Fried foods (especially those fried in vegetable, corn, canola oils – which most are) cause irritation and inflammation in the gut.
- Antibiotics (both in medication + factory-farmed meat)
- Antibiotics are very damaging to our but microbiome, as they completely wipe out our gut bacteria, both the good and the bad. Factory farmed animals are given antibiotics, and you indirectly ingest them through their meat. Opt for grass-fed and organic meats when possible!
- Alcohol is essentially digested into simple sugars when consumed, therefore causing overgrowth of bad bacteria in the gut. Alcohol has also been shown to harm the mucosal lining of the gut (where many of your immune cells reside), causing inflammation, leakage in the intestinal lining, and decreased immune function.
Head over to our Work WIth Me page to fill out your information for the next steps!
Give us a follow for all things gut health over on our Facebook and Instagram!
P.S. Learn more about our immune system inside our gut over on the blog!