11 Nov Cinnamon Apple Brussels Sprouts
These delicious cruciferous greens can be prepared in so many ways but, I wanted to create something with some autumn vibes – enter these cinnamon apple brussels sprouts. The only thing that could make these even better than they already are is some crispy bacon. Brussels sprouts are in peak season and as always, we encourage you to eat seasonally! It’s better for you, your wallet, and the environment.
And let’s be honest, crispy brussels sprouts is the best. I SWORE that I didn’t like them, until I tried them crispy and after that it was #gameover. I will never eat a brussels sprout any other way. Now add some apple and cinnamon to it + you’ve got yourself a party, sister!
Did you know brussels contain high amounts of vitamin K1, which is important for blood clotting and preventing heart disease? They are also packed with high amounts of vitamin C and folate.
With all the sickness going around, vitamin C in forms of whole foods is crucial for our immune support, as well as brain support and mood regulation. Brussels sprouts are high in fiber, leaving you full and satiated, which is a great choice for weight management and constipation.
Bring on these cinnamon apple brussels sprouts! Tag us @nuvitruwellness when you make these on social. We love connecting with our community, so don’t hesitate to join us over there + the conversation!
Cinnamon Apple Brussels
- 16 Oz Brussel Sprouts
- 1/2 Red Onion Sliced
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Himalayan Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- 1 Apple I chose organic honeycrisp
- Rinse and cut brussel sprouts in quarters. This allows them to soak up more flavor.
- Cut apple into cubes. Cut 1/2 onion into strips.
- Heat pan with olive oil over medium- high heat.
- Add brussel sprouts, onion, and apple into the pan.
- Cover for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in maple syrup, balsamic, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and 2Tbs of water.
- Once liquid boils, reduce the heat to medium.
- Allow brussel sprouts to cook and carmelize for about 10 minutes