01 May Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Oh man, this was exactly what I needed for lunch last week – chicken stuffed sweet potatoes. It was so quick to make, but so fulfilling and delicious! I seriously whipped one up in 10 minutes. I really feel that lunches are probably the hardest meals to make if I don’t have leftovers.
It’s the middle of the day + I don’t really feel like being in the kitchen because I just cooked a couple hours ago and I’m about to cook in a couple of hours for dinner. So, I want something fast, but nutritious. I mean, you’ve been there right?
Well, let your tastebuds PARTY!
- Spoonful of Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup of Fully-Cooked, Sliced, Grilled Chicken Breast (We love using Simply Balanced frozen chicken strips in a pinch!)
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Sweet Peppers (We used Whole Food’s 365 frozen organic sliced peppers!)
- Handful of Organic Spring Mix
- 1 Sweet Potato
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- Heat up the sweet potato in microwave for 4-5 minutes. (This is literally one of the only times I use a microwave!)
- In a small skillet, heat up the coconut oil.
- When the oil is melted, add in chicken and sweet peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes until thawed and heated throughout.
- Mix in spring mix, salt, pepper, paprika, and Italian seasoning. Cook until everything is heated and spring mix is wilted.
- Slice the sweet potato lengthwise and fill it with the cooked chicken mix.
- Top with some pasture-raised cheese if you want!