22 Jul Blueberry Cheesecake Oatmeal
Blueberry cheesecake oatmeal tastes as good as it sounds. If you can’t tell, I’m such a breakfast person. Breakfast foods make my heart happy & belly warm. I could eat breakfast for breakfast (obviously), lunch, and dinner! I just can’t get enough. So back to this recipe…..my family & I don’t eat oats often. But when we do, you can bet they are SCRUMPTIOUS. I love baking oatmeal since I have four mouths to feed, instead of doing individual bowls. Cheesecake is also a strong love of mine. So, why not combine them? If you love wild blueberries, try our wild blueberry cashew bars.
- 3 Cups of Oats
- 2 Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Fresh Organic Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Wild Blueberries
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 8 Oz Organic Cream Cheese (or Kite Hill Almond Cream Cheese for Dairy Free)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
*Before you start to make this recipe, make sure you properly prepare your oats by soaking them in warm water and a dash of apple cider vinegar for 12 hours. Drain and rinse after 12 hours.*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Thaw cream cheese to room temperature.
- Mix the oats, eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla extract (1 tsp), coconut milk, baking powder, and blueberries in one bowl. Mix together well. I like to smash some of the fresh blueberries to get more blueberry flavor throughout the mix.
- Pour the oatmeal mix into a baking pan of 9 x 13.
- Mix the cream cheese and vanilla extract (1/2 tsp) together in a separate bowl. You can heat up the cream cheese a little bit if it’s not room temperature. Drizzle the cream cheese along the top of the oatmeal. You can use a knife to swirl it into the oatmeal.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Enjoy! (You’ve been warned how good it is!)
When you make this blueberry cheesecake oatmeal, tag @nuvitruwellness on Instagram or Facebook so we can see your beautifulness!